Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem

From: Zvezdan Petkovic
Subject: Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:06:13 -0400

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:16:33AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > It was BSD/OS 4.2 too.  I never found the time to get to the bottom
> > of the problem and abandoned updating groff on that box.  Somebody
> > changed groff's build/install stuff to make it more Linux-specific,
> > breaking backwards compatibility with the installed base.
>
> ???  This is nonsense.  Normally, Nelson Beebe installs groff on more
> than 20 different UNIX flavours, and not a single report of him
> mentions severe installation problems.  I don't think that he actually
> has a BSD/OS 4.2 machine, but your accusation is plain wrong.

I tend to agree with this.
I've built groff 1.18.1.1 on OpenBSD 3.6 using native make (not gmake).
I use it extensively and it works without problems.
Has there been any change in CVS to the file in question since 1.18.1.1?

FWIW, the only reason I do not use 1.19 branch is that it doesn't work
with gpresent.  The request .PAUSE inside a pic creates a vertical move,
and the figure ends up quite different from what it should be. :-)
Has anything been done to address this issue?

        Zvezdan Petkovic