Re: [Groff] a couple of problems with macro -me

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] a couple of problems with macro -me
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:12:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Robert,

>I've had this problem (or something like it) before.  Either keep
>doubling the number of backslashes until it does work (I had to set up
>one document with \\\\\\\\n(ch !) or use the groff-extension escape \E;
>you should find that \En(ch interpolates the number register at just
>the right time.

Four back-slashes (4\) did the trick!

One more question:

If at the beginning of a chapter I reset the footnote number with:

.nr $f 1

The next call to a footnote still continues with the sequenced
number, it is the second call the one that will have the correct
number. What I've done is to make dummy calls to a footnote:

.(f
.)f

right before an actual one, is there any more kosher way of doing
it?

Dan