[Groff] Re: MSVC Port--Revised run_pipeline()

From: MARSHALL Keith
Subject: [Groff] Re: MSVC Port--Revised run_pipeline()
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:15:11 +0000

>> But, before we all rush out to celebrate, after doing a 'make install'
>>
>>     groff -Tps -mom macros.mom
>>
>> now seems to hang after '%%EOF' is written, and any subsequent 'make',
which
>> requires this to be rebuilt, will hang at the point where it
[effectively]
>> executes this, unless I first do a 'make uninstall'.
>
> Using a two-day-old snapshot, I don't see this under Win32/MKS/MSVC,
either
> with or without my changes to run_pipeline().

It would definitely seem to be a bug associated with the MSYS
implementation
of RXVT -- I don't see this problem if I run my MSYS shell in a native
Windoze
console, or even if I just run the MinGW built groff under cmd.exe.  It
also
works correctly, if I run the MinGW built groff in a Cygwin RXVT.

RXVT looks much prettier, and output to screen is *much* slower in the
native
Windoze consoles; shame MSYS RXVT doesn't work more reliably :-(

I think I need to report this on the MSYS list.

Best regards,
Keith.