Re: [Groff] table column widths

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] table column widths
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:40:52 -0500

Is it possible to specify column widths in a table as a proportion of
the linewidth? I've tried using the line width register to calculate a
width for a column:
lw(\n.H/3u)lw(2*\n.H/3u)
but I've no experience of groff and, not surprisingly, that didn't
work.

If ".H" is really the number register you're using, try w(\n[.H]/3u)
(putting brackets around the name).

If I could do more than code my way out of a paper bag, I'd write
a patch for tbl that allowed it to specify a column width as a
percentage of line width....
--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"