RE: [Groff] Re: Combining portrait and landscape tables in the

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] Re: Combining portrait and landscape tables in the
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:04:24 +0100 (BST)

On 26-Jun-03 Michelle M. Irizarry wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With what options are you running groff?
>
> I tried using:  groff -t -ms -P-l test.tbl > test.ps with the example
> below and I just get a line of data per page at the top of the page
> plus every other page is landscape (the rest are portrait)....Maybe I'm
> using the wrong flags...

Hmmm ... your "example below" was not there!

Anyway, in general you should have no problem provided you specify the
page metrics before anything else in the input file. I have (for A4 paper
and ms macros) a macro:

.de landscape_metrics
.pl 8.142i
.nr PO 1.195i
.nr LL 9.5i
.lt \\n[LL]u
.nr LT \\n[LL]u
..

and then

.landscape_metrics

which I make the first line of a document that is to be in Landscape.
Then I basically use the same options as you do above. For US letter
paper, you will want to change the three dimensions. But do make sure
to include a request like ".LP" before you start the table material,
since this is required to make groff read its registers ("transition
to first page").

For instance:

.landscape_metrics
.LP