Re: [Groff] Cygwin html driver?

From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Cygwin html driver?
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 17:24:18 -0500

At 02:22 p.m. 10/05/2003, Robert D. Goulding wrote:

On rebuilding groff, it attempted to make the html documentation, but all
the image files were of 0 size.

Does anyone have any tips for how to get a fully-functioning html driver
under cygwin?  Do you use the Windows ghostscript (as I attempted to do
here) or cygwin's ghostscript?  (I have the cygwin netpbm utilities
installed).

The bug is in the way the gs call is implemented in pre-html.cpp. This broke a couple of months ago, around the time of the release of the latest POSIX API layer runtime (1.13.22). As I don't understand the code well and not having much interest in the html driver myself, reporting the bug has fallen in the back burner...

Yet, it seems that gs is never called, it might be an optimization bug in Cygwin's gcc, a bug in Cygwin's emulation layer of pipes, or a fix in Cygwin's emulation layer that broke an unrealistic assumption on the working of pipes.

*sigh*