[Groff] Problem with ps2pdf and A4 format

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: [Groff] Problem with ps2pdf and A4 format
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:24:32 +0100

Brest, le mercredi 26 février

Hi,

I use groff 1.17, with -ma4 macro and here is my deps/DESC file
>  res 72000
>  hor 1
>  vert 1
>  sizescale 1000
>  unitwidth 1000
>  sizes 1000-10000000 0
>  styles R I B BI
>  family T
>  fonts 9 0 0 0 0 0 SS S ZD ZDR
>  tcommand
>  postpro grops
>  broken 7
>  paperlength 841890

with my own very old ghostscript, ps2pdf works fine. But I now use
very frequently http://www.ps2pdf.com
(because for technical reasons, I can't install a newer version
of ghostscript on my computer, and because I like the newer output
much better than the old one (I use non standard font, and don't
like them to be bitmapped and completely included even if I only use
one char ;-)

Note that all my postscript document are well handled by http://www.ps2pdf.com
except these coming from groff. I mean that dvips, lout, a2ps, enscript,
produce postscript output that is converted to A4 pdf.
BUT groff produce a nice A4 output that is converted to a translated
smaller PDF (probably some american heretical format like US legal
or US letter or anything I don't want to know). I tried to insert
by myself in the grops output the line:

  %%DocumentMedia: A4 595 842 0 () ()

that I found in a2ps output (or enscript, don't remember), but the
result is the same than previsouly.

Note that if I preview my PDF with ghostview or gv under Unix,
everything seems to be OK, but if I send the file to my wife
which has AcrboatReader 5.0 on her imacs (Apple), I get the bad output.
If I look in tha file/info menu of Acrbat Reader, I am told the size
of my document is something I assume to be US letter.

What do I wrong ?

--
Deux choses remplissent le coeur d'une admiration et d'une vénération
toujours nouvelles et toujours croissantes, à mesure que la réflexion