[Groff] UTP - fixed source tarball (and let's start indexing)

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: [Groff] UTP - fixed source tarball (and let's start indexing)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:23:51 -0500

I added utp.mac to the 2.1 source tarball, so now it has
all the necessary files for building the book. I bumped
the version to 2.2, if anyone cares. :-)  If you want to
get the new tarball without going through the web page
(see my .sig), grab it at:

        http://www.alltel.net/~kollar/utp/utp_beta2.2.tar.gz

The .ps.gz and .pdf files haven't changed, and are still
labeled version 2.1.

Now that the holidays are safely behind us, it's time to
put the final touches on the book and wrap the whole
thing up. The issues I know about are straight from the
web page:

  - margins wander a little in Appendix B
  - indexing
  - start chapters on a right-hand (verso) page

I seem to remember Jon saying that the verso issue is
fixed, is that true? But I *know* we need to do the indexing.
Before we all start grabbing chapters, we should probably
nail down the tag/macro name we're going to use. Chapter
17 of the UTP provides the following as examples:

  .XX "entry" \" page number
  .XN "entry" \" non-numbered (e.g. a 'Foo, see also Bar' entry)
  .IS "entry"
  .IE "entry" \" page-range entry ('Foo, 1-3 to 1-5')

I guess the scripts & macros in Chapters 17 & 18 would
give us a start. If nobody objects to the syntax shown
above, I guess people could start claiming chapter &
indexing away.
--
Larry Kollar        k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: the Revival