Re: [Groff] Patch to include paper size in grops output

From: Egil Kvaleberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] Patch to include paper size in grops output
Date: 05 Jan 2003 17:03:57 +0100

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:41, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> I have come over one problem, and that is with including Postscript that
> (re)defines PageSize.

I think I now found the proper cure for this, see:

        http://www.w-beer.de/doc/ps/

The suspicion was correct: setpagedevice does not belong in a EPS-file.
Of course, showpage does not either.

We are practical people, and the attached patch gets rid of any
offending setpagedevice for included PostScript in the same manner as is
done for showpage.

The patch is standalone as such, except that I have now included updates
to the ChangeLog (which I left out of the previous two patches).

My conclusion:
To get proper handling of media size in the PostScript, I suggest all
these three patches should be applied. This should get rid of the paper
format problems we have suffered. As noted in the comments, the
mechanism should also pave the way for better control of advanced
printers with multiple trays, duplex printing and so fort.

With the fix for the setpagedevice, I know of no problem with this
feature. Obviously, broad testing should be performed.

Egil
--
Email: address@hidden
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899