[Groff] Patch to include paper size in grops output

From: Egil Kvaleberg
Subject: [Groff] Patch to include paper size in grops output
Date: 05 Jan 2003 15:41:20 +0100

The attached patch should get rid of the need to specify the paper size
explicitly for gv and for ps2pdf, for instance.

As far as I know, the Postscript generated is in accordance to Adobe 3.0
specification. It should also work with 2.0 as far as I know.

I have come over one problem, and that is with including Postscript that
(re)defines PageSize. Note that this is a problem already (before this
patch), and manifests itself for instance in doc/webpage.ps, where the
Gnu drawing does not appear. At least, that is what happens if
webpage.ps is generated on a system with page format set to A4. It might
be OK with letter, I have not tested. Adding the -nosetpage to pnmtops
got rid of the problem, and I think it is basically a very, very bad
idea for a program like pnmtops to default to emit paper size selection,
anyway. That said, it is something that should be investigated further.

The patch is toward the current CVS, and is in form of a Mime attachment
(hoping that the list allows it).

As far as I can understand, the page size really belongs in the emitted
Postscript. But the feature needs to be tested.

Egil
--
Email: address@hidden
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899