[Groff] Q: Text right-adjusted, decimal comma for tbl, switching from 2c

From: Patrik Schindler
Subject: [Groff] Q: Text right-adjusted, decimal comma for tbl, switching from 2c to 1c
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:35:18 +0100

Hello,

since using groff without knowing for ages (man pages) I recently got used to
groff because of the wonderful docu for the -me macros which I'm now using by
default. Thanks for this easy intro, Eric!

So a few questions arose from the use:

How can I adjust text (one line, for the date in german documents) to the right
with -me? Is this possible without fiddling? Or must I learn another macro
package (-mdoc) for this only feature?

Since I'm a german citizen, I was very glad to see that groff could be nicely
tweaked into the use of european standard page format A4. Umlauts are also no
problem at all. To get it all perfect, I want to know if and how it's possible
to tell tbl to use the comma for decimals and not the dot as usual in english
language countries, for numeric columns.

Another thing I stumbled over: Is it possible to suppress the page break after
switchback from .2c to .1c?

Thanks for reading patiently. If any of these is covered in a FAQ, a pointer to
this would be very kind.

:wq! PoC