Re: [Groff] Rotating an EPS file

From: Kees Zeelenberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] Rotating an EPS file
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:09:28 +0100

The following code, written for use with -ms, gives macros for setting
text in landscape mode. The pagewidth for A4 paper, 21 centimeters,
is hardcoded. PV is a macro that resets point size and line spacing.
Just call iniLA once for initializing the landscape environment, and
call LA to start printing in landscape, and EA for ending printing in
landscape. I have used LA/EA for setting a whole page in landscape
(except the page headers and footers), and ROS /RON for rotating a
single string of text.
For examples see
http://home.hccnet.nl/kees.zeelenberg/ipfbook/appcpdf.zip
page 222 (set with LA/EA) and table C36 (page 41 within pdf file;
set with ROS/RON).

Kees Zeelenberg

.ds start-landscape \\X'ps: exec gsave currentpoint currentpoint translate
90 neg
rotate neg exch neg exch translate'
.\" start rotating
.ds start-rotate \*[start-landscape]
.ds end-rotate \\X'ps: exec currentpoint grestore moveto'
.\" end rotating
.\"\X'ps: exec currentpoint grestore moveto'
.ds end-landscape \\X'ps: exec gsave currentpoint currentpoint translate 0
neg rotate
neg exch neg exch translate'
.de ROS
\*[start-rotate]