Re: [Groff] Any issues with GCC 3.0?

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Any issues with GCC 3.0?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:33:30 +0000

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 09:44:16PM -0500, Larry Kollar wrote:
> I've been trying to help Michael Driscoll track down the
> problem he's having with getting groff to work properly
> with MacOS X. We've pretty much ruled out grops and geqn
> as the problems... which leaves gtroff itself. Comparing
> intermediate (device independent) output shows up some
> significant differences.
>
> I don't think it's an endian issue, since 1.18 compiles
> and runs OK on a PPC Linux system -- using gcc 2.95.x.
> So I wonder whether anyone has any problems compiling
> groff with gcc 3.0 on any architecture.

There shouldn't be fundamental issues: Debian's hppa architecture uses
gcc 3.0, and the groff builds it produces at least appear not to be
completely broken. If you could elaborate on the significant differences
I can compare them with an hppa box.

--
Colin Watson                                  address@hidden