Re: [Groff] UTP Proofreading

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP Proofreading
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 14:29:00 -0400

Michael Hobgood wrote:

> ... Several of the chapters and
> appendices need proofreading.  I am willing to
> do that. ....
> I am
> leaving later today for a vacation, and will
> return about the end of September.  Upon my
> return, I will have plenty of time to proofread
> the material.

Works for me. I've made some changes to the files on my laptop,
mainly to clear up glitches I've found while trying to print
the entire book. But I'll have those on the web site before you
get back.

[For example, inserting a "delim off" at the end of Chapter 9
so subsequent chapters don't try to invoke eqn where they
shouldn't. But here's a *weird* one -- using the current files
on the website, plus the ch09 fix, create a book file that .so's
the component files in the proper order. Format the book using
groff -step -ms book.t
With 1.18, things just blow up completely in Chapter 15. Comment
out Chapter ***4***, and the problems go away! Converting two
non-filled .Ps/.Pe constructs in ch15 to .ti +5 fixes this.]

Have a good vacation, Michael!

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the