[Groff] Characters in grohtml

From: Robert Marks
Subject: [Groff] Characters in grohtml
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:54:45 +1000

(I have looked for a discussion of this topic in the archive, but in vain.)

I have recently moved to groff from troff DWB 2.0, and am looking forward to generating HTML code from groff documents. I was surprised to find (using grohtml version 1.15) that symbols such as \(^o and \(em and \(rq are not translated into their HTML equivalents of ô and — and ” respectively.

Is there a way to do this?  Something I'm missing?

Bob