Re: [Groff] german groffinfo translation

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] german groffinfo translation
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:05:19 +0200

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:16:27PM +0200, Erich Hoffmann wrote:

> some weeks ago there was the idea of trying a german translation of
> groff documentation, perhaps starting with the groff.info.
>
> I understand that there is _no_
> such such project at the moment.  If there is, I't rather participate
> than doing it on my own.

There are already some translation groups - for man pages, howtos, faqs,
etc., but AFAIK not for the groff info file and the groff manuals in
<groff_source_top>/doc.

A good starting point to contact translation groups is
<http://www.tldp.org/>, "The Linux Documentation Project".
FreeBSD has also a well organized translation structure.

> Well, I have translated some English, that was in the last millennium,
> but never did a job like this.  I can only promise that I try.

Fine, just do whatever you like.  The biggest mistake one can make is
not to do.

Bernd Warken