Re: [Groff] documentation on macro writing

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] documentation on macro writing
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:24:11 -0400

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:32:14PM -0400, Jon Snader wrote:

> I have some experience in writing custom macros, so I'd be glad
> to help with that, if needed.

Larry Kollar and I discussed this offline and based on those discussions
I am proposing the following:  I will recreate the original macro package
based on Chapter 17 and Appendix F as best I can.  Then I will mark up one
of the transcribed chapters with those macros and post it to the list
(or perhaps put it on Larry's UTP page) so that everyone can see the
result.  At that point we can create any additional macros that the group
feels we need, or can change the existing ones if needed.  After one or
two iterations of this, we should converge on an agreed macro package and
can then proceed to the final typesetting.

Comments, suggestions, or objections?

Jon Snader