Re: [Groff] documentation on macro writing

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] documentation on macro writing
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 09:34:03 +0100

Hi Larry,

> > I OCRed chapter 4 of UTP using gocr, which was quite trivial to get
> > going and use, at least from the Debian package. ...
>
> I just downloaded gocr & fed it a page of the UTP.
>
> IT WORKED. And on a PPC machine no less.

Yep, thanks for the pointer Colin, it works here too.  Stewart's no
doubt right it isn't as good as commercial OCR programs but for someone
who has never used one of those it seems useful enough.

BTW, any errors in the original book I've been leaving in and flagging
with `FIXME: `an descendent' -- Ralph.' paragraphs nearby.  I'm also
using characters like \(lq when required.  That sound OK?

It might be worth putting up a link to gocr and the guidelines you told
us earlier up on the UTP page.

Cheers,

Ralph.