Re: [Groff] An environment variable for enabling compatibility mode

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] An environment variable for enabling compatibility mode
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:47:29 +0100

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 03:38:49PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> It's not clear to me how this shall work.  IMHO, this is beyond the
> scope of GNU troff.  For example, any -Tpost option for troff has to
> be changed to -Tps, so it is not a great problem to add -C at the same
> time.

There is an environment variable GROFF_TYPESETTER that should do this.
It is easy to implement a GROFF_COMPAT variable for the groff programs,
but there are so many - it is just a lot of simple work.

An alternative is to define an environment variable GROFF_OPTIONS, but
implementing this is not trivial due to the many programs in the groff
queue.

Bernd