Re: [Groff] Bugs in mm, accents, multi-line macros and font glyp

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bugs in mm, accents, multi-line macros and font glyp
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:43:28 -0000 (GMT)

On 11-Jan-02 Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Nit-picking: Romanian doesn't use {S,s,T,t}-cedilla but
> {S,s,T,t}-comma below.

You are right, Werner! I just had a very close look at
a Romanian book (printed in Bucharest) and it is indeed
comma-below. And to think that in the 40 years since I
first met this language I never noticed ...

And, while on this topic, this must make {S,s,T,s}-comma
below prime candidates for composite glyph construction:
there can't be too many fonts around which do them as
single glyphs.

So I'll be adding these to my private glyphs in troff.
(It'll need a bit of tweaking of point-sizes and vertical
positions, though ... ). When they look right I'll post them.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 11-Jan-02                                       Time: 10:43:28