Re: [Groff] Bugs in mm, accents, multi-line macros and font glyphs

From: P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bugs in mm, accents, multi-line macros and font glyphs
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:07:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 9:17 AM

> > Ahh! I see. Then, the easiest method is 8-bit characters (I am lazy
> > :), or use the \[<digraph>] mecanism. I can live with that.

>     Werner

Yes, but I was referring to the digraphs used in postscript metrics files,
e.g.:

ha  606,740 2   0000    -- asciicircum
ti  606,319 0   0001    -- asciitilde
vS  498,927,13  2   0002    -- Scaron
vZ  480,927 2   0003    -- Zcaron
vs  388,764,13  2   0004    -- scaron
vz  425,764 2   0005    -- zcaron

I guess the expected way to call these 8bit chars is \(<digraph>, say \(vS,
but \[vS] works equally well; perhaps this is an unexpected side-effect?