Re: [Groff] indentation with macro ends

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] indentation with macro ends
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 22:48:53 +0200

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 10:06:50AM +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Would it be in src/roff/troff/input.cc's do_define_macro function?

Indeed, thank you very much.  I could fix the indentation, but I
found the following bug in the existing code; this should be fixed first.
Try the following source fragment.

#############

.de macro_with_named_end end
.if 1 some text
.end
This line isn't printed.
The previous line is missing.
.br
.de macro_with_standard_end
.if 1 more text
..
But this line _is_ printed,
it is not lost.

It prints:

The previous line is missing.
But this line _is_ printed, it is not lost.

So a macro with a named end will eat the line following its ending tag.
This bug is hidden in the same do_define_macro() function, but I'm
still hunting.

As I'm running short in time help would be appreciated.

Bernd Warken