Re: [Groff] indentation with macro ends

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] indentation with macro ends
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 22:53:40 +0100

Hi Bernd,

> It prints:
>
> The previous line is missing.
> But this line _is_ printed, it is not lost.

I get different results depending on whether I use 1.16 or current CVS.

    % cat -t ~/bernd
    .de macro_with_named_end end
    .if 1 some text
    .end
    This line isn't printed.
    The previous line is missing.
    .br
    .de macro_with_standard_end
    .if 1 more text
    ..
    But this line _is_ printed,
    it is not lost.
    % groff -Tascii <~/bernd | cat -s
    This line isn't printed.  The previous line is missing.
    But this line _is_ printed, it is not lost.

    % ls -l `which groff`
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 local    users          28 Jul  4  2000
        /usr/local/bin/groff -> ../stow/groff-1.16/bin/groff
    % .
    /home/ralph/groff/cvs/current
    % ./test-groff -Tascii <~/bernd | cat -s
    The previous line is missing.
    But this line _is_ printed, it is not lost.

    %

There's been a chunk of changes to do_define_macro() in that time but I
haven't the time to go through them at the moment.

Hopefully, this helps narrow it down a bit.

(Regression test suite, anybody?)

Cheers,

Ralph.