Re: [Groff] new round of html bugs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] new round of html bugs
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 09:20:20 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi Werner,
>
> here is a fix for the bug you reported back in June. Backslashes
> should now be preserved. Please could people test.

I'm no longer sure whether this is a bug -- neither ascii nor ps
output handle this piece of code in pic.ms correctly.  I rather think
that that pic.ms is buggy (and I've fixed that right now).

> For example in ESR's pic guide:
>
> .KS
> .DS
> .CW
> \&.de PS
> \&.br
> \&.sp \\n[DD]u
> \&.ie \\n[.$]<2 address@hidden bad arguments to PS (not preprocessed with
> pic?)
> \&.el \{\
> \&.   address@hidden (u;\\$1)+1v
> \&.   in +(u;\\n[.l]-\\n[.i]-\\$2/2>?0)
> \&.\}
> \&..
> \&.de PE
> \&address@hidden
> \&.sp \\n[DD]u+.5m
> \&..
> .R
> .DE
> .KE
>
> should now work.

As mentioned above, it fails for other devices also.  Are you sure
that your solution doesn't have any side effects?  Only then I'll
apply your patch.