Re: [Groff] new round of html bugs

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] new round of html bugs
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 10:38:47 +0100 (BST)

On 25-Aug-01 Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> I'm no longer sure whether this is a bug -- neither ascii nor ps
> output handle this piece of code in pic.ms correctly.  I rather think
> that that pic.ms is buggy (and I've fixed that right now).
>
>> For example in ESR's pic guide:
>>
>> .KS
>> .DS
>> .CW
>> \&.de PS
>> \&.br
>> \&.sp \\n[DD]u
>> \&.ie \\n[.$]<2 address@hidden bad arguments to PS (not preprocessed with
>> pic?)
>> \&.el \{\
>> \&.  address@hidden (u;\\$1)+1v
>> \&.  in +(u;\\n[.l]-\\n[.i]-\\$2/2>?0)
>> \&.\}
>> \&..
>> \&.de PE
>> \&address@hidden
>> \&.sp \\n[DD]u+.5m
>> \&..
>> .R
>> .DE
>> .KE
>>
>> should now work.

I must have missed the original point. I have no problem with
the above code using -Tps or -Tascii (leaving in the \& at the
start of each line, of course; and also using -ms since .KS/.KE
are ms macros). What is the problem supposed to be?

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 26-Aug-01                                       Time: 10:38:47