Re: [Groff] new tmac.a

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] new tmac.a
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:59:05 +0200

Werners new tmac.an is much better than the old one - except for a
little cosmetic bug.

Every man-page displayed with this macro file adds a leading page
consisting of exactly 46 lines consisting of a dot and white-space.

The reason for this is that macro file contains that many structuring
lines ` .'; they should be `.'.  The following shell command fixes this.

Otherwise, I think the remake is a success.  The source code is much
more readable.  The sizes of the headings now have better sizes.

But the distances around the headers still look too narrow.  Similar
problems seem to exist with -mm.  So this has to be discussed later on.

For now, I vote for including these corrections into 1.16.

Bernd Warken <address@hidden>