Re: [Groff] Re: plot2dev

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: plot2dev
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:29:28 -0800 (PST)

Werner,

>> I don't have write access to any public URL, so that's why I'm
>> sending it to you so you can post it somewhere in your gnu
>> site. I'm resending you the tarball because I fixed a little
>> thing.
>
>OK, I'll put it in
>
>  ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/plot2dev.tar.gz

Thanks.

>> I was thinking that the next interesting addition to the groff
>> package would be a `fig' preprocessor.  But before doing that, it
>> would be best if we would have some color processing capabilities in
>> groff (do we?) to better exploit the xfig features.  Since I'm
>> already "warmed up" with grn, I could volunteer to do that.
>
>Do you already have an idea how a color interface to groff could look
>like?

I didn't look at the `fig' file format yet. But I suppose that we
would need something like what we currently have: \D'f ...' but
with additional color commands. Similar things for the lines. It
would also help if we would have color filled patterns like
closed splines and ellipses in addition to the filled polygons
that we already have. Don't ask me how to define the colors but
I imagine that it will have to be a composite similar to the way
that the X11 stuff works.

Dan