Re: [Groff] Re: plot2dev

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: plot2dev
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:29:28 -0800 (PST)

Werner,

        I will do that -- where is the home site of plot2dev?  I would like to
        add the URL to the MORE.STUFF file in the groff package.

The old version (without the gremlin driver) can be found in:

    Location: /pub/TeX/Tools/transfig
      FILE    -rw-rw-r--         28288  05:00  4 May 1991  plot2fig.tar.Z

I don't have write access to any public URL, so that's why I'm
sending it to you so you can post it somewhere in your gnu
site. I'm resending you the tarball because I fixed a little
thing.

        > Did you ever get xgremlin fixed for Linux?  That way we have pretty
        > much everything we need for the graphics stuff. Regards,

        xgremlin works, but xgremlin2 not (yet) -- the graphics are displayed
        OK, but I only get black boxes instead of letters if I type in some
        text.  I believe that a fix is simple, but unfortunately, I'm not a X
        expert, and I don't have the knowledge (and the interest, I must
        admit) to correct it.

I don't either have expertise in X otherwise I would fix it (any
volunteers out there?).

I was thinking that the next interesting addition to the groff
package would be a `fig' preprocessor. But before doing that, it
would be best if we would have some color processing
capabilities in groff (do we?) to better exploit the xfig
features. Since I'm already "warmed up" with grn, I could
volunteer to do that.

Dan