[Groff] Re: Tutorial, please: snapshot diffs.

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: [Groff] Re: Tutorial, please: snapshot diffs.
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:33:10 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Tutorial, please: snapshot diffs.

> It's quite simple!  Assuming that groff-1.15.tar.gz and
> groff-1.15-current.diff.gz are in the same directory, do the
> following:
>
>   tar xzvf groff-1.15.tar.gz
>   cd groff-1.15
>   gunzip -c ../groff-1.15-current.diff.gz | patch -p1
>
> That's all -- you can easily put something similar into a shell
> script.  Check the man pages of tar, gunzip, and patch if you need
> more info on the switches.  In case `-p1' doesn't work try `-p0'
> instead.
>
>     Werner

Thanks a lot. I'ld be nice to have it in the README.

My approach is to ask for a working starting point from knowledgable
people. Making adjustments after that I usual can do from the docs. But
for getting to a starting point it is so much faster to ask than reading
tons of docs for several days.

Yes, I do simple shell scripts, too.

Thanks.
Eddie Maddox