[Groff] Groff business models?

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: [Groff] Groff business models?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:05:53 -0500 (EST)

I would like to offer commercial services for Groff
and also to service others who do the same.

What sort of business models has Groff been a part of to date?

Any suggestions for me?

My site name will be groff.mngovsci.com. (I own mngovsci.com.)

The business name will be Groff Clearinghouse. Unless a better idea comes
to mind.

If any of you check KernelNotes.org now and then you have an idea of the
range of services that come to mind.

Collection of Groff reading and training materials, code anthologies,
success stories, lessons from failures, business applications, directory
of Groff expertice for rent or hire, project postings looking for bodies,
news, whatever.

Of course, the Groff home page and Groff Sounding Board will have their
material, too. What subject matter is most appropriate for each?
Considering GNU and FFII may not like "advertisements" etc, I have no
problem hosting such on groff.mngovsci.com since my domain is intended for
commercial activity.

So, what do you all think? Is Groff IPO material yet?

Eddie Maddox
address@hidden