[Groff] installation problem in groff-1.12

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: [Groff] installation problem in groff-1.12
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 23:30:09 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

Just installed groff-1.2 on Solaris 2.6, with a --prefix option. Formatting
even the simplest manual page using "groff -Tascii -man clisp.1" produced
an error (and very ugly output on stdout), originating from the .so statement
in $(prefix)/share/groff/tmac/tmac.an:

  /nfs/.../share/groff/tmac/tmac.an:2: unsafe to execute request
`/usr/share/lib/tmac/an'

Thus may be because I installed groff as a normal user, whereas the
/usr/share/lib/tmac/* files are owned by user=bin, group=bin.
"groff -help" mentions an option -U, but when I try to use it, I get
"groff: illegal option -- U".

Anyway, after I did

    make install tmac_wrap=""

all was fine. Maybe the PROBLEMS file could mention that...?

Bruno

PS: -Thtml is great!! Not perfect, but already very usable.