grammatica-users

[Grammatica-users] Internal Error, Grammatica 1.5

From: Kevin
Subject: [Grammatica-users] Internal Error, Grammatica 1.5
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:35:34 -0500

Hi, I'm trying out Grammatica and liking it, and being new to it I quickly
tripped it up with some malformed input.  Anyway, in 1.5 this test case:

  %header%

  GRAMMARTYPE = "LL"

  %tokens%

  DOC_LINE        = <<'**' any* eos>>

generates this output:

INTERNAL ERROR: An internal error in Grammatica has been found.
    Please report this error to the maintainers (see the web
    site for instructions). Be sure to include the Grammatica
    version number, as well as the information below:

net.percederberg.grammatica.GrammarException: token 'DOC_LINE' is invalid,
as regular expression contains error(s): Dangling meta character '*' near
index 2
'**' any* eos
  ^, on line 8
        at
net.percederberg.grammatica.Grammar.createTokenizer(Grammar.java:229)
        at net.percederberg.grammatica.Grammatica.debug(Grammatica.java:423)
        at net.percederberg.grammatica.Grammatica.main(Grammatica.java:170)

Tool completed with exit code 2

Just passing it on, thanks!

Kevin