gpsd-users

Re: GPS Mac OS challenges

From: Marc Rosen
Subject: Re: GPS Mac OS challenges
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:46:20 -1000

The load is all that is needed if you do it right the first time

Otherwise unload and run load again after updating the plots text file

Marc

On Dec 10, 2021, at 9:08 AM, Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

Yo Marc!

On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 08:58:00 -1000
Marc Rosen <marc.rosen@mac.com> wrote:

> ( next looking for an open spot to get a GPS signal)
>

> Persisting shared memory limits on OS X 12 Monterey

Nice work.  Even better if someone adds this to the INSTALL.adoc file in
the macOS section.

> add a text file “plist" to /Library/LaunchDaemons
> the file name is immaterial - I found a useful file and edited it to
> my needs the text file plist is very sensistive - beware of spaces in
> value strings and misspellings
>

> sudo launchctl load com.wsjtx.sysctl.plist
>
> sudo launchctl unload com.wsjtx.sysctl.plist

WHy load and then unload?

> the text of the file I used ultimately is:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
> "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";> <plist
> version="1.0"> <dict>
>    <key>Label</key>
>    <string>com.wsjtx.sysctl</string>
>    <key>Program</key>
>    <string>/usr/sbin/sysctl</string>
>    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
>    <array>
>        <string>/usr/sbin/sysctl</string>
>        <string>kern.sysv.shmmax=52428800</string>
>        <string>kern.sysv.shmall=25600</string>
>    <string>kern.sysv.shmmni=128</string>
>    <string>kern.sysv.shmseg=32</string>
>    </array>
>    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
>    <true/>
> </dict>
> </plist>

Makes sense.  Sort of.  On Linux that would be one single line.

RGDS
GARY
   gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588