gpsd-users

Re: ubxtool configuration

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ubxtool configuration
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 10:49:34 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Mon, 25 May 2020 16:50:43 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

> I want to configure the rover and base M8P with ubxtool now. On my
> rover's computer I run "gpsd -n /dev/ttyACM0 -G
> ntrip://root:root@192.168.7.101:2101/BASIS -N" to receive correction
> data (RTCM3).

Good.

> How can I address /dev/ttyACM0 with ubxtool (to configure it)?

Directions are on the man page.  Two ways:

1. configure before you start gpsd

2. since gpsd has two sources, you need to tell it which source to
attach to:
        ubxtool ::/dev/ttyACM0

> Just using "ubxtool -p CONFIG" will end up with
> "{"class":"ERROR","message":"No path specified in DEVICE, but
> multiple devices are attached."}"

Yup.  Just as it says.  You need to specify which source, as above.

> Using "ubxtool -f /dev/ttyACM0 -p RESET" will end up with:

That is because -f is reaonly, used for capture files.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588