gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 10:44:42 -0700

Yo David!

On Mon, 25 May 2020 16:33:31 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I thought I
> would be ably simply to compile and run my monitoring software:
>
>   https://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/monitoring.html#gps

Why not use ntpviz, skyview.php, webgps, or the other clients gpsd
offers?

> However, although the program compiles and runs on a Raspberry Pi 4B,
> on the Raspberry Pi 1B it just says "Illegal instruction".

Without knowing how you compiled, hard to say anything.  I assume ou did not
try to run the 4B binary on a 1B.  Different CPUs, different instruction sets.

> Inexperienced as I am, I don't know how to proceed, or what the issue
> is likely to be.

First step is to send here your build procedure and your entire build
output.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588