gpsd-users

Re: Segfault after upgrade.

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Segfault after upgrade.
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 22:16:31 -0700

Yo David!

On Sat, 23 May 2020 06:06:05 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> /etc/default/gpsd seems to contain the settings for gpsd, and yet you
> suggest removing it?  Where should the DEVICE etc. be defined?

No,  /etc/default/gpsd has nothing to do with gpsd.  It is a file
used by systemd(reck).  systemd(ung) is what is preventing you from
from running gpsd.

> I couldn't find the specific document with this information.

Because there is none.

> If you
> are suggesting removing systemd, that may not be acceptable, after
> all, it's all running happily on the fresh install.

I'm not suggesting you removing systemd(umb), just that you do not
let it take control of your gpsd from you.  systemd(oofus) is what is
getting in your way, just tell it to let you take control of gpsd.

Of course, in a perfect world, you would get ring of systemd(ingleberry),
but we prefer to create your own privates hell.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588