gpsd-users

Re: Segfault after upgrade.

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: Segfault after upgrade.
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 16:22:19 +0100

Hi David,

With no logging, it is very hard to say what caused the segfault. One of
the things that has been seen several times on the list is mixes of
different versions of gpsd. So if your gpsd 3.17 installation left
something over after the uninstall, it could affect the 3.20 install.

Since the fresh install works, and the one with the previous 3.17
install doesn't, this is definitely a possibility.

Best regards,

Kai

Thanks, Kai. Yes, a left-over was my thought too, but how to find it? I don't know where to find the relevant logs or I would have posted them. This is an original RPi model B so only 512 MB memory, It's using 361 MB with 3.17, so I can't see memory size being a problem, nor the 4-5% CPU which is in use.

The only logs I can see just show segmentation fault

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden