gpsd-users

Re: gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 22:21:35 -0700

Yo felix!

On Mon, 18 May 2020 22:19:03 +0200
felix <address@hidden> wrote:

> so i set up gpsd with rinex to output an epoch every 1s. For my
> application, pretty fast moving, it would be great to output data
> more often then every 1s, say every 100ms. The Gps, a u-blox F9, is
> certainly fast enough, to acquire enough raw data - 40hz are the max
> for HW.

I know of no service that can use RINEX data to faster than 1 HZ.
Most only use one fix every 30 seconds.

What consumer do you have of RINEX that can use faster than 1Hz data?

> In the the current 3.20 code the --interval seems to be clipped to 1,
> asĀ  internally time is kept as an integer in seconds:

Yup.

> Would it require a lot of changes to track time internally not in
> seconds but in nanoseconds,

Conflating two issues.  Easy to make the interval in seconds, as a
float.  Very few GPS can work faster than 25 Hz.  nanoseconds is
pointless.

> Are there any fundamental
> reasons that make this hard or impossible?

Nope.  But with no known use, not worth doing.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588