gpsd-users

Re: Feeding gpsd with pre-fixed HDOP value

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Feeding gpsd with pre-fixed HDOP value
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 12:32:25 -0700

Yo address@hidden!

On Mon, 4 May 2020 14:05:58 +0300
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm new gpsd end-user and this my first post to this list.

Welcome!  Care to share a bit about how you intend to use gpsd?

> Now, with gpsd, I have the same test setup in use. Actual GPS chip is
> powered off and test tool feeds NMEA data to gpsd.

Sounds like you just duplicated gpsfake.  gpsfake runs most of the
gpsd project's regressions tests.

> This kind of
> pre-fixed HDOP feeding does not work with gpsd.

A large number of regression tests say otherwise.

> In the testing point
> of view, it is important that tunnels can be simulated with bad HDOP
> value.

Preaching to the choir.  That is exactly why gpsfake exists.

> So, is there any way to feed gpsd with pre-fixed feed HDOP value?

RTFM: gpsfake and regress-driver

In the future when you claim something is broken in gpsd, please provide
a test case instead of unsubstantiated claims.  test data and your
complete source code are preferrred.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588