gpsd-users

Feeding gpsd with pre-fixed HDOP value

From: address@hidden
Subject: Feeding gpsd with pre-fixed HDOP value
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 14:05:58 +0300

Hello All,

I'm new gpsd end-user and this my first post to this list.

In the previous project I had totally DIY based approach to GPS interface. I have a test tool running in WinPC which feeds TXT, RMC, VTG, GGA & GSA message to serial interface. In the test tool, it was possible to give desired HDOP value which was then filled to the related NMEA messages.

Now, with gpsd, I have the same test setup in use. Actual GPS chip is powered off and test tool feeds NMEA data to gpsd.This kind of pre-fixed HDOP feeding does not work with gpsd. In the testing point of view, it is important that tunnels can be simulated with bad HDOP value.

So, is there any way to feed gpsd with pre-fixed feed HDOP value?

Br,
Jari