gpsd-users

Re: RHEL

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: RHEL
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 13:45:40 -0800

Yo Chad!

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 20:22:11 +0000
Chad Woitas <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm having troubles figuring out how to generate a package of GPSD,
> I'd like to compile an RPM for CentOS/RPM so I can help update the
> EPEL packages.

I don't use rpm, but I'll try to help where I can.

> 3.20 works great with scons && scons check && sudo scons
> udev-install,

Good.

> but it has issues with the change log with rpmbuild
> gpsd-3-20.tar.gz saying invalid times.

I have no idea what rpmbuild does, and can not imagine any error that
matches your description.  Can you provide some more details?  What does
tpmbuild do?  What are the exact error messages?

> I'd rather not have to
> recompile it every time I update my OS if I can help it.

Why would you need to recompile every time?  You have a working binary, as
long as the libs that gpsd depends on stay the same you are good.

> Also for what its worth, Trimble Acutime 360 passes regression tests
> on 3.17 3.19 and 3.20.

Is that a backhanded way of saying there was a problem with 3.18?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588