gpsd-users

Re: Questions regarding Gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Questions regarding Gpsd
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:38:21 -0800

Yo raaj!

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 10:33:15 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am looking into diagnostic features such as listing the number of
> satellites used and in view .

gpsd already does that.  Look at cgps, xgps, gpsmon, etc.

> The sensor assuming it's from ublox.

Don't assume anything.  The u-blox chips do not work the same.  Pick
one.  First.

> And also I am planning to add a power management feature such as
> waking up the gnss receiver based on the geofencing feature is
> enabled.

Chicken and egg problem.  If the GNSS receiver is power saving, then it
does not know where it is, so geofencing will be impossible,

The power saving possible in the reciver is tiny compared to even
a small CPU, like Rasperry Pi.

> I would like to know where are the entry point of the code which I
> should modify?

You need a problem definition first.  gpsd has a lot of code that does
a lot of things.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588