gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Steps to re-compile GPSD from source

From: Devanand Biradar
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Steps to re-compile GPSD from source
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 14:47:27 +0530

Yo!
I will not modify the raw data.
Just need to know , what if GPS device gets spoofed by hackers.
Is there any algorithm in gpsd source code to protect.

Dev

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019, 04:57 Gary E. Miller, <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Devanand!

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 15:03:35 +0530
Devanand Biradar <address@hidden> wrote:

> I want to know, if I modify the raw GPS data in packet.c or in
> driver_nmea0183.c

You NEVER modify the raw GPS data.  The point of gpsd is to faithfully
report exactly what the raw GPS data tells us.

> will it reflects the change if I run the command gpsmon or cgps.

Depends on your change.

Before you try to think about what needs doing, start with what you have
that needs decoding.  Send this list your GPS make and model, plus a
capture of what it sends (gpspipe -R -n 300 > raw.log).

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588