gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Where should I start from?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Where should I start from?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 19:48:32 -0700

Yo raaj!

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 10:33:38 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Because my current gnss module doesn’t have a soft driver.

And your GNSS module is what?

> So without
> a soft driver I couldn’t set the configurations. I had to use AT
> command to set it.

Contradiction: can't set, but you did!

> Now if I use gpsd the only option I see in the
> gpsctl is setting the baudrate only.

Nope, that requires a driver.  To tell the GPS to change its speed
in its config.

> I don’t see any other options
> actually.

Except your AT commands worked for you.

I can't guess your other options without knowing your GNSS model.

> Example if you take a look at ublxtool, I can set to
> disable the satellite constellations. Can I dump this configurations
> inside my soft driver?

Since your GNSS driver does not exist, then answer is obviously: NO.

Once you create a driver, it is whatever you make it.

> Btw I am not using ublox anymore.

Too bad.  Very hard to beat the newest u-blox at anything close to the price.

> And libgps
> is the provided interface to the client is it?

One of them.  As previously discussed: you also have the option of
native whatever and NMEA.  Look at the gpsd sample clients.  Many
ways to skin the cat.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588