gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] NMEA for a straight lines, constant speed

From: Florian Petry
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] NMEA for a straight lines, constant speed
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:21:11 +0200

Hi,

'gpsbabel' can convert gpx to nmea. I did it once to feed gpx tracks
back into gpsd to simulate. Don't know how the quality is though.

I used it from a python script, but you can see the params:

~~~
out = check_output(["gpsbabel", "-t", "-i", "gpx", "-f", filename, "-x",
"interpolate,distance=0.001k", "-x", "track,fix=3D,speed,course", "-o",
"nmea", "-F
~~~

Regards,
Florian

--
ingenieur
wissenschaften

Fakultät für Ingenieurwissenschaften
School of Engineering

Florian Petry, M.Sc.
Forschungsgruppe Verkehrstelematik (FGVT)

Innovations Campus Saar
Altenkesseler Strasse 17/D2
66115 Saarbruecken
Germany