gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD : Get vertical and horizontal accuracy (Vacc and H

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD : Get vertical and horizontal accuracy (Vacc and Hacc)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 10:40:59 -0700

Yo Krishna!

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 11:58:38 +0530
"Krishna" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please provide more information on eph and epv fields. Any web
> documentation/link is helpful.

RTFM: "man gpsd_json".

That is overly confident about eph and epv.  Since u-blox does not
document those values, no one really knows what they are.

Use them only as a vague "goodness" indicator.  Use them with more
than a grain of salt.

> Our customer is using algorithm which
> uses NAV_POSLLH  parameters for processing. Whether these fields
> internally derived by POSLLH UBX command?

Then you answer your own question with the source (driver_ubx):

> From the GPSD source code,
> I understand that "display_nav_sol" in UBX_NAV_SOL case updates the
> eph and epv fields. Whether my understanding is correct?

Yes, and also UBX-NAV-POSLLH, and others.

I would suggest you totally ignore eph, except for antenna tuning.
Better, but still marginal, use epx and epy.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588