gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] NTP1 keeps going away.

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] NTP1 keeps going away.
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 13:13:20 -0800

Yo stinga!

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 20:57:07 +0000
stinga <address@hidden> wrote:

> >      # Uptraonics on gpio 18
> >      dtoverlay=pps-gpio,gpiopin=18
> dtoverlay=pps-gpio,gpiopin=24

I have only used pins 18, and 4.  Dunno which pins can do what.

> >      kernel=zImage-4.9.34.img
> Can't remember where to find this.

Does not matter, you clearly got a kernel loaded.

> address@hidden:~# lsmod|grep pps
> pps_gpio                3025  0
> pps_core                8788  1 pps_gpio

Do you see a /dev/pps* ?  What does ppsthread say about your /dev/pps* ?

> I have tried another pin

You can remove the GPS, and just use a jumper to your PPS pin from
GND and 3.3V to toggle  your /dev/ppsX and see it in ppschec.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588