gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] access to UBX-CFG antenna status via gposd

From: tom
Subject: [gpsd-users] access to UBX-CFG antenna status via gposd
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 15:15:58 +1000

Hello,

we are talking to a U-Blox 6S/6R via gpsd and i was wondering how i would go abouts in getting access to some of the UBlox specific data that gets reported via UBX-CFG (such as antenna state).

Is there a generic way of accessing manufacturer specific binary data.

i understand that gpsd is supposed to add a 'generic' layer on top of these manufacturer specific implementations , but we do like the 'multiplexer' functionality of gpsd so we don't really want to move away from it, if possible.

Kind Regards,
Tom