gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Baud barf problem on Pi3 SOLVED

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Baud barf problem on Pi3 SOLVED
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 17:17:50 +0100

-----Original Message----- From: George Sexton
[]
If you want to do something fun, plot your variance or offset using gnuplot. Do it for a day. Then, take a small cooler like you would you for a six-pack of soda cans. Throw your pi inside the cooler and then close the lid. Now run it for a day and plot the offset/variance.

I've thought about doing a project that would provide a nice Web interface overtop of things. Setup cron jobs to plot the variance, show the status, and all from a web UI.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
http://www.connectdaily.com

George,

I've been plotting offset for a number of servers for some time:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php

RasPi-1 and RasPi-4 are in an unheated cupboard and are reasonably flat, whereas RasP-7 and 11..14 are in heated rooms, and the switch-on at ~04:30 UTC of the central heating is easily visible. Enjoy your plots! Temperature for these devices has more effect than the number of satellites used.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden