gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble GPS model 57963

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble GPS model 57963
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 20:36:38 +0000

Transcript of a minicom session with the device,

 http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/notes-57963.txt

One of several Chinese sources on ebay,

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/261997391557

Most don't have the RS232 daughter board which is a Chinese
add-on, not Trimble.   The 1PPS and 10MHz double oven xtal
oscillator are useful for radio hobbies and these units are
less than half the price of a Thunderbolt.

Probably this GPS is too obscure, obsolete, and undocumented
for it to be worth adding into gpsd.  Doesn't look like it
gives V or any quality info.  All I need is the time so I'll
just hack together something for that.

--
Paul Nicholson